There are many benefits of Infant Massage
Infant Massage is an age-old tradition that has been passed down from mother to daughter since the beginning of time. Infant Massage offers many benefits to both your baby and you! Contact me to schedule your private class today!
Benefits of Infant Massage for Baby
- Infant-Parent attachment or “bonding”
- Helps baby feel loved
- Promotes better sleep
- Facilitates body awareness
- Boosts immune system
- Sensory stimulation
- Improves skin condition
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps digestion
- Balances respiration
- Relief for teething pains
- Help waste elimination
- Helps build parents’ and baby’s self-esteem
- Helps you learn about your baby (their needs and desires)
- Relaxes parents
- Pleasurable experience
- Stimulates production of oxytocin (Oxytocin is a hormone which can be produced by both male and female persons during massage. It is useful as a pain reliever and has a calming effect on the person.)
Benefits of Infant Massage for Parents
- Caregivers report feeling more comfortable and confident in their ability to care for baby.
- Parents learn to understand and respond to baby’s cues.
- Parents learn techniques to comfort, calm and soothe their babies.
- Provides an additional avenue for close and nurturing contact.
- Infant Massage is one of the most natural and pleasant methods of providing this important early nurturing and an amazing tool for helping parents become closer to their babies.
My classes are private, which means the entire session is dedicated to just you. My attention is not divided between 3 or 4 families. Because of this the class is only one session. I do offer a complimentary follow up class within 6 months of your session if you have concerns. Contact me today to schedule your class.